- Flexible easy-to-use framework for creation of test harnesses;
- Complex, distributed systems can be tested/verified;
- "Black box" and "white box" testing;
Main application areas:
- Telecommunication protocol conformance and interoperability testing;
- SNMP agents;
- Management interfaces;
- Software API.
- Documented sources written in C;
- User guide, architecture and high level design documents;
- Distributed under GPL.
- Centralized structured log from all participants of the testing;
- Unified interface to configure participants of the testing;
- Tracking of configuration changes with a possibility of automatic rollback;
- C libraries are provided for tests which may be written in any applicable language;
- Structured test harness with parameterized tests;
- Any executables may be included in test package;
- Test Coverage Estimation;
- Automatic (night) testing;
- Regression testing with tools to compare obtained results with expected ones, compare different implementations, monitor a status of bugs.
Test environment is actively developed for Linux host platform. The Engine works on Linux and may be ported to many UNIX-like operating systems. Stations with Linux™, FreeBSD™, NetBSD™, OpenSolaris™ and Microsoft™ Windows™ are supported as participants of testing (configuration, traffic generation and capture, API calls via SUN RPC, etc).
Sophisticated support for
- Network protocols (ATM, Ethernet, ARP, Ipv4/v6, UDP, TCP, DHCP, SNMP, iSCSI);
- Configuration of interfaces, routes, ARP (ARL) tables;
- Configuration of DHCP server (ISC), DNS server (bind9), TFTP, SMTP (sendmail, qmail, postfix, exim), FTP servers (vsftpd, proftpd, wu-ftpd);
- Socket API testing (SUN RPC);
- Command-line interface testing.
Test environment has been successfully used in many different projects for more that 6 years:
- Power over Ethernet switch with STP support;
- ATM gateway;
- SNMP agents/MIBs (802.11, ATM, IPIF, …);
- Command-Line Interface;
- Radius and 802.1x authentication;
- iSCSI initiator;
- Private TCP/IP with Socket API including WinSock2 extensions (more than 8500 tests).
- Creation of private test harnesses for your needs including support of a new protocols, configuration facilities, RPCs;
- Creation of private or porting existing test agents for your target platform;
- Porting the engine to a new platform;
- Help in using and customizing tests and test agents.