Project dates: February 2004 – December 2004
Team Leader: Elena Vengerova, Senior Software Engineer
The task was to design, implement, and test software for PoE Switch.
Target OS: Linux.
Host OS: Linux.
BCM5645 switch fabric was used for L2 and L3 switching.
Total effort for the Development and Testing: 22 man-months
During the project:
- BCM driver for Linux was implemented (switching tables management and exception packets processing)
- Linux daemon for synchronization of Linux routine/ARP tables with BCM switching tables)
- STP protocol implementation
- design of management view (customer requirement was implementation of private management protocol, but management view was based on SNMP MIBs)
- implementation of management agent for switch
- implementation of management agent simulator for debugging of GUI management tool
- implementation of Linux console management client
- design and implementation of automatic test suite (including Ethernet, IP forwarding, STP conformance and stress tests).